You need Driving License with more than 3 years of driving experience. Also, you have to be more than 23 years old. Otherwise, you would need to notarize your license and / or hire a professional driver.
What car to choose?
Depending on destinations you are planning to go to, you have to choose certain cars. Driving to and around main cities and Issyk-kul region, a car doesn't have to be a rugged vehicle. However, if you want to go to remote areas of the country, passes, canyons, you need to rent a cross-country car. You can also consult with us to hire an appropriate car for your planned route.
To be aware of.
Due to the fact, that Kyrgyzstan’s 90 percent of its territory covered by mountains and majority of the roads are not paved, you are able to drive no more than 400 km per day. That is why official daily limit is 350 km. For long distance trips you have to be equipped with GPS or a detailed map of Kyrgyzstan.
- Rental cost is from 50 USD to 100 USD
- You can pick up the vehicle at the office, Manas Airport, or any convenient place for you
- Baby car seat is available by preliminary order
- Payment methods are by cash, bank transfer, Visa, Master Card
- Charge for exceeding daily mileage limit is 0,35$ per 1 km
- Paperwork takes 10-15 minutes
- Car rental options are with or without a driver
- Travel equipment rental is available
- In case of an accident you get a legal aid in local transport inspection department, ministry of domestic affairs, etc.
- Assistance in the development of a travel routes
- Call center helping with concerns and issues is available
According to the country’s legislation rental cars and bikes have to be insured. Insurance we provide by Ayu Grant Insurance Company includes incidents caused by you and third parties as well as health of insured ones. Insurance cases include auto accidents, fire, sinking, stealing and etc. All passengers are insured. Additionally, deposit sum (guarantee fee) for car rental is 500 USD.
There are several most important rules. Speed limits are 90 km/h for highways, 60 km/h in cities, villages, and small towns, and 40 km/h around schools. Unlike in other countries, you can’t turn to the right on red light. You can cross the road only on green light. During driving outside of cities, towns and villages, headlights have to be on. You should be aware that drivers in main cities are sometimes rude and traffic police can be corrupt.
Despite mentioned factors you will definitely enjoy your travel in Kyrgyzstan. You will be amazed by its beauty and hospitality.
Rent a car now! We are here to help you make your stay in Kyrgyzstan memorable. Contact us in any way convenient to book your car.